GENERAL TERMS OF SALES– on 21/10/2022
Victoria Palace Hôtel
1. Any person using the Victoria Palace Hôtel site for reservation purposes must be at least 18 years of age and have the capacity to enter into contracts in accordance with the law.
2. The Customer may reserve, on the site, on an individual basis and for his/her personal needs, a maximum number of seven (7) rooms per reservation.
For all reservations for business groups, meetings, seminars or other, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any reservation identified on the site as having more than seven rooms, the Hotel reserves the right to modify the price and the general terms and conditions of sale.
3. Any reservation or payment that is irregular, inoperative, incomplete or fraudulent for a reason attributable to the Client will result in the cancellation of the reservation at the Client's expense, without prejudice to any civil or criminal action against the latter.
ARTICLE 1: PURPOSE
The present general terms and conditions of sale define the rights and obligations of the parties in the context of the remote reservation of services offered by the Victoria Palace Hôtel. They apply to all reservations made by Internet via the Victoria Palace Hôtel website.
ARTICLE 2: GENERAL PROVISIONS
The present general terms and conditions of sale apply throughout the entire time that the Victoria Palace Hôtel puts the services on line on the site.
The Victoria Palace Hôtel reserves the right to add to or modify these general terms and conditions of sale at any time by publishing a new version on its website which will apply automatically as soon as it is put online.
The applicable general terms and conditions of sale are those in force at the date of booking.
ARTICLE 3: CONCLUSION OF THE ONLINE CONTRACT
3.1 Choice of services by the Customer :
The Customer chooses the services presented under his sole responsibility, without that of the Victoria Palace Hôtel being sought. He or she is responsible for the nature, destination and terms of reservation.
The Client acknowledges that he has received the necessary advice and information to ensure that the offer meets his needs in order to make his reservation with full knowledge of the facts.
3.2. Booking process :
1. The Customer makes his reservation by means of the dematerialised order form accessible on the site.
2. The Client attests to the truthfulness and accuracy of the information transmitted.
3. The Customer must follow a series of steps to make a reservation, including :
- Search for dates of stay, room category and rate;
- Possible selection of one or more additional services such as breakfast (except when the service is included in the rate mentioned in the previous point);
- Verification of the details of the reservation, its total cost, the applicable terms and conditions of sale (general and particular);
- Filling in the Customer's details;
- Entering credit card data in the event of a guarantee or prepayment request ;
- Consultation and acceptance of the general terms and conditions of sale and the special terms and conditions of sale of the reserved fare before validation of the reservation;
- Validation of the reservation.
3.3. Acknowledgement of receipt of the reservation :
An acknowledgement of receipt email is sent to the Customer. It summarises the contract offer, the reserved services, the prices, the total amount of the order, the terms and conditions of sale relating to the selected tariff, accepted by the Customer, and the date of the reservation made.
3.4. Formation of the reservation :
The reservation is deemed to have been made upon confirmation of the reservation or upon online prepayment by credit card.
ARTICLE 4: PRICES
1. The prices relating to the reservation of the services are indicated on the site and confirmed at the time of the reservation.
2. The prices indicated are per room for the number of person(s) and the date selected.
3. 3. Prices are confirmed to the Customer in the Hotel's commercial currency, including VAT, and are only valid for the period indicated on the website.
4. All reservations are payable in the local currency of the Hotel, unless otherwise specified on site.
5. Unless otherwise mentioned on the site, additional services (breakfast, access to the Spa...) are not included in the price and are displayed separately.
6. The tourist tax, shown on the rates page, is to be paid directly at the hotel.
7. The prices take into account the VAT applicable on the day of the order. Any change in the applicable VAT rate will automatically be reflected in the prices indicated on the date of the invoice.
8. Likewise, any modification or introduction of new legal or regulatory taxes imposed by the competent authorities will automatically be reflected in the prices indicated on the date of the invoice.
9. Conversion into foreign currency is given for information purposes only and is not contractual. Only the currency confirmed at the time of booking is guaranteed (if this currency is different from the one used at the Hotel, any exchange costs will be charged to the Customer).
10. If a rate implies that payment is made at the Hotel at the time of arrival or departure of your stay and the Customer's currency is not the same as that of the Hotel, the rate debited by the Hotel may be different from the one communicated at the time of booking, taking into account the possible change in exchange rates between the date of booking and the dates of stay at the Hotel.
ARTICLE 5: PAYMENT :
1. The Customer communicates his bank details as a guarantee of the reservation, except for special conditions or rates, by credit or private bank card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club...) by indicating directly, in the area provided for this purpose (input secured by SSL encryption), the card number, its validity date (the bank card must be valid at the time of the stay) and the visual cryptogram. He/she must come to the Hotel with the credit card that enabled him/her to guarantee the reservation or to make the prepayment. The Hotel may ask the guest to show proof of identity in order to prevent credit card fraud.
2. Payment is debited at the Hotel during your stay, except in the case of special conditions or rates where payment is debited at the time of booking (online prepayment on some rates). This prepayment is referred to as a deposit. In the case of a rate that is not prepaid online, the Hotel will ask the Customer, upon arrival, for a security deposit or authorisation to debit the credit card, in order to guarantee payment of the sums corresponding to the services consumed on site.
3. In the event of no show (reservation not cancelled - Customer not present) of a reservation guaranteed by credit card, the Hotel will debit the Customer, as a lump sum compensation, the amount of the first night on the credit card that was given as a guarantee of the reservation and any additional nights of the reservation will be cancelled without charge unless otherwise indicated in the sales conditions of the reserved rate. By making a reservation, the Customer expressly authorises the Hotel to proceed with the payment of the fixed compensation.
4. At the time of prepayment, the amount that is debited at the time of booking includes: the price of accommodation, taxes linked to the accommodation, the price of food if breakfast is chosen, taxes linked to food and any other additional services selected by the Client.
5. In the case of a fare subject to online prepayment, the amount paid in advance, which is the deposit, is debited at the time of booking.
ARTICLE 6: CANCELLATION OR MODIFICATION BY THE CUSTOMER'S FAULT
1. In accordance with Article L 121-21, 12° of the French Consumer Code, the Customer does not have the right of withdrawal provided for in Article L 121-21 of the French Consumer Code.
2. The conditions of sale of the reserved fare specify the terms and conditions for cancelling and/or modifying the reservation.
3. Reservations with prepayment will not be subject to any modification and/or cancellation. No refunds will be made for advance payments made as deposits. In this case, it is mentioned in the conditions of sale of the tariff.
4. When the conditions of sale of the reserved fare allow it, the cancellation or modification of the reservation can be made directly with the Hotel, whose telephone details are specified on the confirmation of the reservation sent by e-mail.
5. In case of interruption of the stay, the entire agreed price will be collected. In case of reservation with prepayment, no refund will be granted.
6. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the Client must leave the room before 12.00 noon on the day of the end of the reservation. Failure to do so will result in an additional night's stay being charged.
7. All reservations are nominative and can in no case be transferred to a third party, either free of charge or for a consideration.
ARTICLE 7: RELOCATION :
In the event of an exceptional event or the impossibility of making the reserved room available to the Customer or in the event of force majeure, the Hotel reserves the right to arrange for the Customer to be accommodated in a hotel of an equivalent category for services of the same nature and subject to having informed the Customer in advance. Any additional cost of the room, transport between the two hotels and a telephone call shall remain the responsibility of the hotel initially booked.
ARTICLE 8: STAY AT THE HOTEL :
1. In application of the regulations in force in France, the Customer will be asked to fill out a police form upon arrival at the Hotel. To do so, the Customer will be asked to show proof of identity in order to check whether or not he/she must complete the policy form.
2. The Customer must comply with the Hotel's Internal Regulations available at the Hotel Reception. In the event of non-compliance with these Regulations, the Hotel shall be obliged to invite the Customer to leave the Hotel without any compensation and/or without any refund if a payment has already been made. If no payment has yet been made, the Customer must pay the full price of the stay (nights consumed plus nights booked but not yet consumed) before leaving the establishment.
3. The Victoria Palace Hôtel offers free WIFI access. The Customer undertakes not to use its computer resources for purposes of reproduction, representation, making available or communication to the public of any goods protected by copyright or a related right without the authorisation of the holders of these rights or in violation of their rights.
ARTICLE 9: EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY :
The photographs on the site are not contractual. Although the Hotel endeavours to ensure that the photographs, graphic representations and texts reproduced to illustrate the Hotel give as accurate an overview as possible of the accommodation services offered, variations may occur, in particular due to a change of furniture or possible renovations.
The Victoria Palace Hôtel shall not be held liable for the non-execution or poor execution of the reservation in the event of force majeure, due to the third party, due to the Customer, in particular the unavailability of the Internet network, impossibility of access to the website, external intrusion, computer viruses or in the event of prepayment not authorised by the bearer's bank.
ARTICLE 10: RIGHT OF CANCELLATION OF THE HOTEL / ERRORS :
The Site may contain technical, typographical or other inaccuracies and errors in connection with the information displayed on the Site, including, without limitation, the prices, fees or availability applicable to the transaction. The Victoria Palace Hôtel declines all responsibility for such errors, inaccuracies or omissions. The Victoria Palace Hôtel reserves the right not to honour reservations or information affected by such errors, inaccuracies or omissions. The Victoria Palace Hôtel will have the right to make changes, corrections, cancellations and/or improvements to information or reservations based on such information at any time, including after confirmation of the reservation.
ARTICLE 11: CLAIMS
Complaints relating to the non-performance or improper performance of hotel services must be notified to the Victoria Palace Hôtel in writing within eight days of the date of departure from the Hotel directly to the Hotel, on pain of foreclosure.
For any claim related to a hotel reservation, the Customer Service is at your disposal. Go to the "Contact us" section.
You can also write us:
Victoria Palace Hôtel
6 rue Blaise Desgoffe
75006 Paris, France.
ARTICLE 12: FORCE MAJEURE
Force majeure is understood to mean any event outside the parties that is both unforeseeable and insurmountable and that prevents either the Client or the hotel-keeper from fulfilling all or part of the obligations provided for in the contract. Are considered as cases of force majeure or fortuitous events those usually recognized by the jurisprudence of the French Courts and Tribunals.
Each party shall not be liable to the other party in the event of non-performance of its obligations resulting from an event of force majeure. It is expressly agreed that force majeure suspends, for the parties, the performance of their mutual obligations and that each party shall bear the costs arising therefrom.
ARTICLE 13: RESPECT FOR PRIVATE LIFE
1. The Customer is informed on each of the forms for the collection of personal data, of the obligatory or optional nature of the answers by the presence of an asterisk.
2. Without information identified as mandatory, the Victoria Palace Hôtel may not be able to register a reservation and manage the collector's claims.
3. The information processed is intended for the Victoria Palace Hôtel and its partners (in particular the online payment service provider).
4. Within the framework of pre-contractual measures for the purpose of booking or executing the hotel reservation contract, the Hotel and its partners may, each for its own part, be recipients of identity data, personal and professional life data, economic and financial information for the purposes of hotel reservations and complaints management in particular.
5. The Customer authorises the Victoria Palace Hôtel to communicate his/her personal data to third parties on condition that such communication is compatible with the performance of the operations incumbent on the Victoria Palace Hôtel under these general terms and conditions.
6. In particular, when paying online, the Customer's bank details must be transmitted by the payment service provider to the Hotel's bank for the execution of the hotel reservation contract. However, the Customer consents to this transfer being necessary for the execution of his/her reservation. The payment service provider, in its capacity as a professional, has undertaken vis-à-vis the Victoria Palace Hôtel to take all security and data confidentiality measures for the said data transfers.
7. The Customer has the right to oppose, free of charge, the use of his personal data for canvassing purposes, in particular for commercial purposes. In accordance with the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, he also has the right to oppose, for legitimate reasons, a right to question, access and rectify data concerning him by writing email@example.com. The Victoria Palace Hôtel is in particular likely to send its Customers its newsletter, promotional offers, and a satisfaction questionnaire following the Customer's hotel stay by e-mail, by providing the Customer with an unsubscription link at the bottom of each commercial prospecting e-mail.
ARTICLE 14: CONVENTION OF EVIDENCE
1. The entry of the required banking information, as well as the acceptance of these general terms and conditions and the voucher or reservation request, constitutes an electronic signature which has, between the parties, the same value as a handwritten signature.
2. The computerised registers kept in the Victoria Palace Hôtel’s computer systems are kept under reasonable conditions of security and are considered as proof of communications, orders and payments between the parties.
3. The Customer is informed that his/her IP address may be recorded at the time of booking.
ARTICLE 15: SETTLEMENT OF DISPUTES
The contract and the general conditions of sale are governed by French law.
In the event of any dispute relating to these general terms and conditions or the execution of the contract, the Customer shall contact the Customer Service of the Hotel.
In the event of a dispute that is not resolved amicably within 30 days from the date of referral to Customer Service, the Tribunal de Grande Instance de Paris shall have sole jurisdiction.
It is specified that the documents forming the contractual commitments between the parties are, in descending order of priority, the reservation voucher or request (including the special conditions of the reserved fare) and the present general conditions. In the event of contradiction between the reservation voucher and the general terms and conditions, the provisions appearing on the reservation voucher will be the only ones applicable for the obligation in question.